Tuesday 7 December 2010

Playing guitar without hands? yes he can..

September 15, 1987 was an unforgettable moment when, as Tony Meléndez playing guitar for Pope John Paul II in Los Angeles. Born without arms, Tony displays a very touching song entitled Never Be The Same. When the Pope approached and kissed her passionately, while the pope as representing the feelings of all people across the country.

"Never Be The Same" is the right song that describes a life-changing moment Tony Meléndez and make him a guitarist who attract the attention of his country. The song tells of a very fit men who spend their lives with confidence above .

Tony was born without arms because his mother taking anti-nausea drug Thalidomide during pregnancy Tony. He was then taken to Los Angeles from Nicaragua to be fitted fake hand. Tony wore a fake hand until the age of 10 years, after which she would not wear it anymore.


He said: "I feel uncomfortable wearing a fake hand, I could use my feet to something more.
Skills to use his feet widespread in all things. Tony said: "I remember the first thing I learned is to play the organ. Then in high school I started playing guitar and harmonica. "He also began writing his own songs. Although Tony's been in the music world and learn in a normal school, Tony did not make his imperfections a barrier for him. "I really enjoy the things I can do anything," he said.


At the time in high school ataslah Tony began studying the teachings of the Catholic church. "I went to church when I was little, because my parents took me there. When I was a little bit big little rejected when invited to church. While in high school, my brother took me to church again, and finally I went to church again and became acquainted with many friends, and do not realize that I was having a process in my life.


At that time, Tony considers to be a priest but could not, because to become a minister should be required to have the index finger and thumb. The news membuatnnya disappointed, but he remained active in church, using his talent for playing guitar and creating songs for the Mass and other church events. Requests for Tony playing guitar growing up to five times the mass in one day week. This makes a lot of attention focused on Tony, including one of which is the committee for the event Pope Paul John's arrival in America in 1987.

"Someone called me and invited me to meet." I am not sure of that, until I finally auditioned performers for the Pope and I am accepted as a filler show. "I am really happy to chance it." Says Tony.
Happiness is a nervousness and eventually became the cheers of joy when Pope Paul liked Tony's guitar playing and giving kisses to Tony. He said he was confused about how to react: "I was told not to move or security personnel will secure me, I was so surprised to know that the Pope approached the stage where I sing and congratulated me.
Since then Tony toured the United States and forty other countries, has appeared on countless television, including on the show The Today Show, Good Morning America, Geraldo, CBS This Morning, The Late Show with Arsenio Hall, 700 Club, Robert Schuller , and prime-time network Specials for Variety Clubs and Very Special Arts.

He also appeared in The World Series, where Tony sings the American national anthem. Tony also had the opportunity to sing four times longer in front of the pope, twice at the Vatican and others again in the country of origin of the Pope in Poland and in Denver Colorado for World Youth Day event 1993. Along with Tony often appeared on television, major events, newspapers and magazines, he became famous throughout the world. In 1989 his autobiographical book A Gift of Hope, written by Harper & Row became a best selling autobography.

Tony also received numerous award and tribute, including the special is from President Ronald Reagan, State of California, Variety Clubs of America, Very Special Arts, the city of Los Angeles, etc.. He also received a trophy the first annual Inspirational Hero Award from the NFL Alumni Association at Super Bowl XXIII in Miami.

As a talented composer and musician, Tony made his first album in 1989, a compilation of Christian songs titled "Never Be the Same", which was nominated for Best New Artist of the Year from Cashbox Magazine and the Gospel Music Association.
Tony's latest album "Hand In Heaven (Toe Jam Music), which he as a producer himself, consisting of songs created from the heart and soul of a Tony Meléndez.
The song "Lowly Servant," is a prayer for help and guidance in life full of challenges.
"Everybody Sing", is a song of praise and worship to God.
"Love Is The Answer", is a hit song from the England Dan & John Ford in 1970.
"I Wish I Could Hold You"; Tony Song dedicated to his wife Lynn and their children.
The song is titled "Hands In Heaven", is a song dedicated to friends and companions who have died and are now praying for us before the throne of God in Heaven.
All the songs reflect the view of life and faith of a Tony Meléndez.


Now, Tony lives in Branson Missouri, which is better known as a small town with the entertainment world-class entertainment. "Lynn and I love each other so deep and the music made us united. So one day we will share all of this memory with our children.Music has opened the door to make my dream come true and I will keep singing, continue to share my life, and still making music and song for all who will listen. "



Source : http://artikelkristen.com/tony-melendez-gitaris-tanpa-lengan.html (Translated)

No comments:

Post a Comment